Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A short Review of new Chuwi v88 Titanium ICE Green Tablet PC

First of all here are the Specs of Chuwi v88 TIG
Model - CHUWI V88 TIG MiniPad
Operation System - Android 4.2.2
Screen 7.9" IPS Mult-Point Touch Capacitive Screen / Resolution1024 x 768 pixels
CPU - RockChip RK3188 Cortex A9 currently clocked to 1.6GHz
GPU - Mali 400 MP overclocked to 533MHz
RAM - 2GB RAM DDR3
Storage - Flash 16GB
Webcam - Dual Camera Front 2.0MP + Back 5.0MP With AF
Wireless - Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
3G - Support Via External 3G Dongle
Bluetooth - Built-in
HDMI - mini HDMI out
OTG - confirmed working with flash drives
G-sensor - supported
Power - Battery 5000mAh Rechargeable Li-Polymer Battery - also confirmed by opening the Case
Working Time - 4~5 hours - for me, much more is possible if you set your Display Brightness by yourself.
Power Device Adapter - Input 100/240V Output 5V-2A 2.5mm
Dimensions - 201X136.6X7.2mm
Weight: measured by myself: 329g
Ports:
1 x DC Jack
1 x Micro USB
1 x mini HDMI
1 x TF Card Slot / mini SD confirmed to work with 64GB Ultra Sandisk card
1 x Earphone Jack

After we know some Specs, let me tell you that I have now running OMA Custom ROM, which improves the Device a lot. It has a higher Antutu Score, Device is Rooted and Kernel tweaked. Also has init.d Support and more Stuff you can read here:

http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=1499

Kernel´s for your Device have to be replaced separately: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45993907&postcount=656

My Chuwi runs with Kernel bob #459
Firmware V88/V88S 20131030 multiwindow - start S/N V88/V88S 16G1130800001 and V88 16G2130800001 (without QUAD in the S/N) - - kernel bob #459
Also depending on which FW and Revision and your Serial Number...

Here is all the important Stuff: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2310818

Example: my Device is now running...
The OMA ROM includes following Features for the Rev.2.0 for the Chuwi v88...

Chuwi V88 by Oma JB 4.2.2 SDK2.0 v5.1

- CWM 6.0.3.1 recovery
- system ext4
- latest kernel #102 [v5.0], #109 [v5.1], #160 [v5.2] (mine runs a replaced Kernel from bob #459)
- internal Storage 4,0 GB
- device spoofed as Nexus 7 [v5.0], [v5.2]
- PhabletUI & Multi-User & Multi-Window
- battery percentage mod [v5.0]
- ethernet support
- init.d support
- gameloft compatible
- USB-Hub enabled
- gamepad compatible (PS2, XBox, ...)
- kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, audio)
- latest hosts, su, su-binary, busybox
- MX Video-Player, Play Music & FX Sound
- Reboot Menue, Kernel Tuner, Pimp my Rom
- Dateimanager HD (Root)
- Nova Launcher


So if you did not have really much knowledge of this, please run the Original ROM !

It can brick your Device if you flash false Versions, Kernels of ROMs.
I have to take OMA ROM v5.1, Kernel #459 and the NAND_Fix by SD to get my Chuwi working propably again !

But enough to the ROM Stuff, some Pics speak for themselves...
Note: Display Brightness is set to 50% here.





These are the Pics of the Device itself. I can say, using this Tab now about 2 Weeks and its a really smooth and great Device fot this Money, I pay´ed about 145€ (199 USD) including Taxes and DHL Express Shipping !The RK3188 gets about 19300 Points with Antutu v4.4.1 and this is awsome.I love this 2GB RAM Model really much, also the Multi-Screen is working fine.



Everything works fine and I have no Problems this Time, also the WiFi Antenna is really good, I got about 3-5 bars at my Appartement, don´t matter which Room I go. This is cool. I opened the Device, because of the ROM Problems I got before Custom flash, to find out, which Revision I got. Also i checked that the Battery is a real 5000mAh Battery.I got some dark Pictures, but I think, you can read the important Things...


The Battery is really 5000mAh, also my Expierience with Battery Life is awsome. Standby only loses 1% in about 1hr. This is great, I think.I got some more Pictures of the Device UI...






The great Thing of this OMA ROM is you got now about 4GB for your Apps, really important for big Games that this Device can handle really good. Like Dead Trigger or other Big Ones...I would buy this Chuwi again, because this is one of the best 7.89 inch Devices I´ve seen this Time and also the Case with that lovely Ice Green is really cool and looks a bit like the Original iPad mini.

No comments:

Post a Comment